Oil Lamp Instructions
1. Remove the top of your lamp by grasping the large brass disk located at the top of the cork and rocking it gently back and forth.
2. Fill hte base 2/3 full with any SMOKELESS lamp oil.
3. FOR FIRST TIME USE: Place the lamp on a worry-free surface and ALLOW THE WICK TO ABSORB THE OIL FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES BEFORE LIGHTING IT.
This accomplishes two things. First, it primes the wick, and second, it is a way for you to check to make sure that your lamp was not damaged in shipping.
The wick is fiberglass, it never burns down or needs to be replaced.
4. Make sure that the top of your lamp is straight. As corks are far from perfect items, it is sometimes necessary to adjust the top slightly to straighten it.
5. KEEP LAMP AWAY FROM DRAFTS, FANS, OPEN WINDOWS, ETC. We assume no responsibility or liability for the use of your oil lamp.